Carb spacing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb spacing question

A couple of months ago I got some Malossi racing carbs for a CB900C that I'm running around on. The guy said that they were for the CB900's but the spacing of these carbs is about 5mm off from what I need to fit them onto my bike. I have the CV carbs off of my GS1100ET right now and decided to look at them in contrast to the racing carbs. The spacing looks right by my eye, but I though I might ask you guys about this.

The spacing on the Carbs is 80-95-80. The jets in the carbs are 145 and a 63, so that puts my guess is that it's for something in the 750-900cc range. The seller had some GS850 carbs he was selling so I might have gotten one of them instead.

Sooooo, what exactly is your question?

BTW, Welcome to the GSR!

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear, is the GS850 carb spacing at 80-95-80?

Comment

The old air cooled Kawasakis and Suzukis share the same port spacing. The Hondas I believe were different. He must have sold you must have gotten the 850 set.

Comment

Ddam, thats for the welcome, fact is that I was a member here about two years ago when I was running the GS. Long story on that one.

I'm thinking the carbs are the GS850, unless someone here knows what sort of jets the 1100 would take with real carbs and pods.

Comment

Carb spacing on the air cooled Suzukis including Gixxers is actually 77-93-77. That's from my RS flatslide manual.

Comment

Working...
            X