Not horny!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not horny!!!

Little help folks. An old member here that has been gone too long. Saturday I took Suzi ('82 GS1100GKZ) on a ride with my pastor and about 15 people including former rocker Mylon Lefevre. Anyway, about half way thru the ride, my horn button just popped out! I hadn't gone 50 feet and the spring followed it. I couldn't very well stop everyone in the middle of a turn. Can the button be replaced from another old unit or do you have to buy another control cluster? Some don't use it much but I really try to keep folks off me in traffic. Thanks for all the input in advance, I'll check back tomorrow...

Fleabay

I see left handle switches on Ebay all the time. As a matter of fact I just sold one.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

You can get the horn button, contact and spring right from Suzuki. All three are probably under $10. Check Bike Bandit or other online parts fiche.

Dan

Comment

What?

I can't undertand how it could have popped out in the first place???8-[
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese
          ...well that'll learn ya to play wif ya horn while riding behind a man of God

Comment

worn button ears?

Is the housing cracked at the horn side?? if not then the ears on the horn button have gone bad and grown weak.. and the vibration give it the go ahead and it went.. if the housing is cracked then you are looking at about $65 from $uzuki.. ( I priced one for just the housing) it includes everything.. housing is not available by its lonesome..

btw I have one from a 79-80 550 that may work send me an email

(If it is not violating anything) at joep.dey@gmail.com

Joe

Comment

Thanks to all. I'll b looking over the next few days. Wifey sez she'll get me one of the old style bicycle bells if it'll help...

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf57
                Thanks to all. I'll b looking over the next few days. Wifey sez she'll get me one of the old style bicycle bells if it'll help...
                ROFLMAO - I like da gurl:-D

Comment

You can order any and all parts you need for the cluster from Bikebandit.com

You got to ride with Mylon! :shock: It's a BIG WORLD man! If you ever see him again, give him a brotherly hug from me. I have all his works and followed everything he and the broken heart did over the years. Takes me back man.

Where was this ride if I may ask?
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2006, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese
                    The tabs break off the button Keith.

Comment

Working...
                    X