Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it hurt to put a chain on up side down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will take your advice and replace the link if not the whole chain. I just bought the bike and am having to spend money on other needed bike parts and tools. I will mention that the post I have gotten on this thread have made me reconsider where I am spending my money. I guess I will now look at chain prices and try to find a good vendor.

Thank you all for your concern,
    David

Comment

There's nothing wrong with a non o-ring chain. Now - if you can shell out 100 bucks or so, then get a RK X-ring chain. Those are AWESOME! But you can also get a RK or RK-M (Malaysia) non o-ring for 30 or 35 bucks, and they last a long time too. I'm running a non-o-ring RK chain on my 750 right now, it's been on there for about 3000 miles and I've had to adjust it 2 times. Lots of life left on the sucker. Clean and lube it regularly, and a non-o-ring chain will last longer than you might think.

Anyhow, my main point is this.... replace the chain! 30-40 bucks will get you something nice and new, and most importantly.... peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
        The most common thing that happens when a chain breaks is it wads up inside the front sprocket cover and knocking out part of the crankcase. Been there, done that years ago on my old T305.
        Spot on Billy. I use a case guard on the dirt bike to prevent just that scenario. If you think chains are expensive, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Comment

Working...
        X