Stator Cover, how warm should it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator Cover, how warm should it be?

Just curious as to how warm the Stator cover should be after riding for ten minutes or so, mine gets to the point that you cannot hold your hand there for more then three seconds, is this normal?? I have a 1980 GS750E.
    Thanks Scott :? :?

They get pretty hot because they do have motor oil circulating through them.

Comment

I've got soft hands. Three seconds would seem like a long time. It's really hot.

Comment

it is also bolted to the engine--it gets hot hot-

Comment

If you need instructions on how to remove that cover........!! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by propflux01
            Stay off the how to power the ignitor thread :roll:

Comment

Re: Stator Cover, how warm should it be?

I just came back from a nightime ride on my GS750 with outside temps around 50 deg F. The stator cover is way too hot to do more than quickly touch. NORMAL :-)

Earl

Originally posted by scottjm
              Just curious as to how warm the Stator cover should be after riding for ten minutes or so, mine gets to the point that you cannot hold your hand there for more then three seconds, is this normal?? I have a 1980 GS750E.
              Thanks Scott :? :?
              Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Actually Dan, it is "duck soup" simple. All you have to do is read the wiring diagram. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by moto_dan

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                  Actually Dan, it is "duck soup" simple. All you have to do is read the wiring diagram. :-) :-)

Earl

ROTFLMAO I just can't get the image of 10" C clamps and Jumper cables out of my head

Comment

I popped mine right off. Just some magnetizing force as near as I can tell. Or did I get lucky?

Steve

Comment

:-) :-) I think I'll just stick with my primitive rubber mallet tapping technique for freeing covers. :-)

Earl

ROTFLMAO I just can't get the image of 10" C clamps and Jumper cables out of my head

Comment

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

I knew there would be some snickering somewhere. So, I finally found it. Atleast I'm getting used to the honking and head shaking I get on a regular basis while out on the snow. 8)

Steve

Comment

I seem to remember something about an industrial strength welding machine and wrapping the leads around the stator case three times while mumbling some secret incantations. Then 'pop' the cover comes off. No, wait. I think it was hooking it up to a golf batteries using 37.5 wraps of 18 gauge wire and...

Anyway, mine gets hot too.

Terry

Sorry, Ice. I couldn't resist.

Comment

My stator cover normally gets as hot as the "stator cover electrical pop off trick?.

Seriously, it gets hot (not possible to touch)

Comment

Working...
                              X