Wont rev in gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wont rev in gear

I just pulled the carb bowls and cleaned the crud out of all the jets. I did not completly disassemble the carbs, I should have but I didn't have a rebuild kit. I know I need to replace the orings that and a complete carb overhaul is on the list. The bike idles good after it warms up and it will rev to redline in neutral. When I ride it in first gear it will cut out and stumble around 5500, my brother took it to get it inspected he said that the higher gear you are in the lower the RPM where you get into the dead spot. Is this carb related or ignition? I was thinking ignition since it changes based on how much load is put on the motor.

It's most likely carb related but they can be very sensitive to how the points are set if you still have the original ignition.

Comment

It is carburetor related. The carburetors need to be totally disassembled, rebuilt and then tuned.

Comment

Where can I get rebuild kits for the carbs. I know about the orings. Also what do you use to adjust the fuel screw on the bottom of the carb? I can't find a screw driver that I can use for number 1 and 2 carbs.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2006, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X