No fuel getting to engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No fuel getting to engine

I have a problem, just got the bike back together and I seem to have carb problems. Here is the situation.

Petcock works by the way,

no fuel seems to be getting to the carbs, when i spray starting fluid in the aircleaner it runs for a second. I took the tank back off and tried to gently blow into the main fule line, no go. Seems clogged. Its not the line, but something is not letting ANYthing past the T fitting .

Am i missing something here? Or am I gonna have to take them freakin things back off the bike?

Its late so i have to tear into it tomorrow, thanks for any help

82 GS 750

Thanks

eric
    Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2006, 01:04 AM.

Fill Bowls

You need to fill the carb bowls up. I take the vacuum line off the #2 carb leading to the petcock and suck on it for a minute or two to fill up the bowls. It should start then.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thanks, ill give it a try when i get home tonight.

Do you know why it causes the blockage when i tried to blow into the inlet line, My thinking was that them being empty, that would make an open circuit for flow?

Comment

Are the sliders moving? Did you pull the bowl plugs to confirm no fuel? It would probably take quite a bit of pressure to get air through the fuel chamber if the needle valve is down.

Comment

it was late last night, so i didnt trouble shoot. I was planning on checking the bowles tonight when i got off work.

As for the sliders, are you referring to the flapper/butterfly valves? If so, they are moving.

Everything seems to be working fine, thats whats got me peeved. I just walked away and figured i would pick your brains today before i actually pulled them back off or did anything for that matter. Putting the carbs back on is my least favorite thing to do on these bikes.

One more thing i forgot, when i hooked the gas up the first time, i forgot to hook up the vacuum hos to the #2 and fuel spilled out. Not sure if that caused anything. Now, im assuming this is where the fuel came from. I heard it hitting the floor and cut the flow, when i looked (was on the other side of the bike) i couldnt really tell but that line was off and i assumed thats where it was coming from.

When i hooked the line back up and reapplied the fuel....no spillage. Of course, no fuel flow either.
          Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2006, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericox
            it was late last night, so i didnt trouble shoot. I was planning on checking the bowles tonight when i got off work.

As for the sliders, are you referring to the flapper/butterfly valves? If so, they are moving.

Everything seems to be working fine, thats whats got me peeved. I just walked away and figured i would pick your brains today before i actually pulled them back off or did anything for that matter. Putting the carbs back on is my least favorite thing to do on these bikes.

One more thing i forgot, when i hooked the gas up the first time, i forgot to hook up the vacuum hos to the #2 and fuel spilled out. Not sure if that caused anything. Now, im assuming this is where the fuel came from. I heard it hitting the floor and cut the flow, when i looked (was on the other side of the bike) i couldnt really tell but that line was off and i assumed thats where it was coming from.

When i hooked the line back up and reapplied the fuel....no spillage. Of course, no fuel flow either.
            If you have fuel coming out of the vacuum port on the petcock the diaphram is shot. Since the petcock relies on vacuum to deliver fuel the defective diaphram is preventing that from happening. As a temporary fix use caps on both the carb and petcock vacuum ports and try running the bike on prime.

Comment

Ok, the fuel was coming out of the overflow i guess. so much for that. i have a couple questions for you guys if you could, check this post out

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X