tac troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tac troubles

I have an 83 gs1100ed. My problem? Well my tac doesn't work so i removed the coble form the back of the gadge and started the bike. Th cable didn't turn at all. I removed the cable where it connects to the engine and found that the part that connects the cable to the engine was broke. I don't know what the name of the part is or where to get one. Do I have to find one at a dealership? If its discontinued do I have to find one at a scap yard or is there another way to find one. I checked bikebandit.com and could not find it. Can someone please help?[-o< [-o< [-o<

This pic came from alphasports fiche, which is the same as BB's. Go back to bikebandit and click on the cylinder head cover breakdown and youll see it. Parts 14-19 are tach drive pieces. They should be available from the dealer or one of the online places.

BTW, if you want to get this from the local dealer, alphasports gives you the actual suzuki part number, so you can find what you need and just give them the number.

Comment

thank you so much.

Comment

You should check the gear on the cam to make sure this wasn't the origin of your problem.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
        X