Starter clutch intechangable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter clutch intechangable?

I have a 1982 gs1100gk and was wondering if any other starter clutchs would work? For example a 850cc or 1150 what years and cc's. Anyone know.

My Respect
    Pan

I had to replace a starter clutch for a GSX1100E and was offered a GS1100G one. The part number was one different and was from the same age so went for it. When the part arrived it looked the same and even fitted the same.

The outer ring was the same size but the centre bore which fitted into the start clutch was smaller by about 5mm (3/8ths approx). It should work but I chose to find the correct part.

Your call.

Suzuki mad
    GS1000E 1981
    GSX1100ESD 1983 nearly back in on peice.

Comment

my bikes a G

i got a 82 gs1100gk what year was the g starter clutch you got? Do you still have it? would you be willing to sell it? the answer is yes on both accounts let me know.

My Respect
      Pan

Comment

Yes, I still have it! It's sitting in my office, boxed up to send back to the dealer and I never got round to send it back.

I bought it from a dealer who supplies new old stock so its never been fitted to a bike.

Cost me £60. One problem, I'm in the UK.

Suzuki mad

Comment

Checking part numbers on Bike Bandit real quick for you while you're online. There are a few on Ebay for the 850. Chances are they are the same since Suzuki had a habit of using the same parts on multliple models. Hang on a few minutes.

Comment

850's used a different part.

Comment

Thanx Billy

I didnt think the 850 was the same but didnt know for sure. Im thinking Im gonna have to just buy a new one. Cheapest place?? Anybody? My tool should be in first of the week to pull the old one.

My Respects
              Pan

Comment

Originally posted by PanheadJosh74
                I didnt think the 850 was the same but didnt know for sure. Im thinking Im gonna have to just buy a new one. Cheapest place?? Anybody? My tool should be in first of the week to pull the old one.

My Respects
                Pan
                If you're not a in a huge hurry just keep watching Ebay. Some of the discount parts places you find in bike mags will be your best bet if you don't want to wait for one to pop up on Ebay. Sorry I can't be any more help to you.

Comment

Dennis Kirk or Bike Bandit might be good places to start too.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki mad
                    Yes, I still have it! It's sitting in my office, boxed up to send back to the dealer and I never got round to send it back.

I bought it from a dealer who supplies new old stock so its never been fitted to a bike.

Cost me £60. One problem, I'm in the UK.

Suzuki mad

That works out to $111 +\-... Bike bandit wants $161

Comment

82 models have a smaller crank journal size ( I refer to the journal the starter clutch runs on), than later motors. the change point is the same as the crankpin weld mod by Suzuki.
                      Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Can_O_Tuna
                        That works out to $111 +\-... Bike bandit wants $161
                        Depending on shipping that sounds like a deal. I'd still check out some of the discounts that advertise in the bike mags.

Comment

Working...
                        X