GS 1000 Trike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1000 Trike

Hi Iv'e got a Gs 1000 L 1980 which has been triked with a BMW back end. Iv'e had the starter stick a few times, and banging it into gear and rocking it back and forward normally frees it, but the thing is heavy and if it stalls n stickson a slope i need a push.

What I was wondering is if it is possible to fit a kick-start so that it would become a combi as on som,e of the other models such as 750s?

The only shaft drive & kickstart motor I'm aware of is the 1979 GS 850.
    1980 & up didn't have the kickstart. I'm not sure if Suzuki changed the engine castings or simply left the kickstart off the 1980 & newer bikes.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Battysteve
      Hi Iv'e got a Gs 1000 L 1980 which has been triked with a BMW back end.
      I would be very interested in seeing your Trike! I am going to have to go to a trike in the next coupole of years. But I dont want to go to a VW or a Harley to do it. I would LOVE to keep my 79 GS 1000 and Trike it out.

Comment

My wife will likely never ride a two wheeler, but a trike, she may. I've got what's left of my parts bike, a 78 GS1000. What does it take to trike it out?

Comment

A couple of weeks ago in Gretna, LA just across the river from the Superdome I saw something similar but not really a trike. This rig retained the rear wheel for power transmission but had a wheels on either side of the back wheel and some framework. The setup had a hitch and it was obviously made for towing a trailer. The extra wheels had it's own suspension as well.

Comment

Working...
          X