81 GS 1000G Fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS 1000G Fuel tank

Could anyone tell me what and where the fuel tank outlets go. From the tap there is the fuel feed to the carbies and the vacuum line but what is the other connection on the tank near the fuel level sensor? Any info would be appreciated

Brad.

If, for some reason the float assembly gasket were to fail, you wouldn't want the gas to run onto your hot running bike so the clever Japanese built in a catch and drain to capture the gas and deliver it to the ground through that hose. Make sure the hose runs downhill and down to just past the swingarm so the gas will just drain away harmlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shifty
      but what is the other connection on the tank near the fuel level sensor? Any info would be appreciated

Brad.
      Thats just an overflow line that gets routed to bottom of bike. If your fuel level sending unit leaks it will drain out this tube.

EDIT: I see Bob and I posted at the same time

Comment

Thanks guys, it's been a long time since I took the tank off and couldn't remember what it was for. Should have the bike running tomorrow for the first time in 2 years. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by beby99
          Thats just an overflow line that gets routed to bottom of bike. If your fuel level sending unit leaks it will drain out this tube.

EDIT: I see Bob and I posted at the same time
          I made that post and shut the computer off, That's neat, at the exact same minute.

Comment

Working...
          X