Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back fire after carb. sync.on gs 1150

hi today I sync my carb. and when I finish it seems to do back fire

what should I do to remove those back fire (ajusting the fuel ???)

When does it backfire? On startup, when applying throttle, deceleration? Need to know to help diagnose.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

ok

the bike does back fire on when I hold my speed (80 km/h at 4000rpm) then you can heard a little pow pow when back firing

just to let you know I didn't try to play with the mixture ( i think)

if I have turn the screws for air on the 4 carb.like the pic.

is my mixture is now bad?

if yes how can I correct that ?

[IMG]http://www.thegsresources.com/images/carbs/007_AIR%20SCREW%20LOCATION.jpg

Comment

Please check out my post about carb leaks I just posted. Are you sure the air box is on totally sealed?

Comment

Sounds like a lean condition either due to air leaks or lean pilot air screw adjustment. Do you have stock exhaust pipes? Airbox? Rejetted carbs?
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

no I have 4 in 1 , with standard (original) airbox , with all the answer everybody gives I'm goona check for a vaccum leak ,and i will cjeck my spark plug after my ride this afternoon

If i'ts lean do I have to turn clockwise or c-c-wise ?

which one do what ( clockwise give more air ,or the opposite)?

thank you

Comment

Counter clockwise if you're trying to reduce a lean condition.

The bike probably is running lean if the jetting is stock and 4-1 pipe was added.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I talk with some guys at work and everyone says to do not touch my air screw cause I can burn my piston ( hot point)

they suggest me to go up in my pilot jet to have more gaz.

now I checked my air screw and I give 1 1/8 on each, do you think it's good ?

Comment

Working...
                X