73 ts125 - regulator/rectifier specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

73 ts125 - regulator/rectifier specs

I am searching fora new regulator/rectifier (or solution to) for my 1973 suzuki ts125. the parts are all discontinued and suzuki won't give me the specs on the parts. I am assuming I could repace the regulator/rectifier with some simple parts from the electronics store if I only knew the specs on the parts, amp draw etc.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Your bike has a magneto ignition. If you go to Bike Bandit you will see a part no. 491590-001 - Rectifier Assembly- for your bike for $12.16.

I don't know about a regulator. Does your bike have a battery?

Comment

ts125 electrical issues

yup, it does have a battery, its a 6v system. but it really isn't doing much right now. I took a multimeter to the bike yesterday and can see that the battery is putting out 6.2V and that 6.2V seems to be geting aroung the wiring harness as I can test for it at a few different places (turn signals, running light etc) but none of those bulbs will actually burn when the key is turned on. even though it seems like the battery is delivering power, the entire system only works when the bike is actually running and the magneto is sending the power. (all the lights fluctuate in intensity as the rmps increase), could that be the ignition switch or something?

I am assuming this is a rectifier issue but could it be a shot resistor (regulator) too? there is a large coil resistor that sits underneath the battery. and it looks a bit shot.

I will look at those parts on bike bandit, thank for your help.

Comment

You're welcome.

The lights are probably wired to work only when the bike is running to spare an already weak battery setup.

Dim lights at low RPM is characteristic of a magneto with lighting/charging coils. As the RPM increases, so does the voltage and therefore the brightness of the lights.

Comment

Working...
        X