firing order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firing order

does any one know the correct wire hookups on the coils that are on a 93 katana? the colors for one coil is o/w w, do these go to coil that controls plugs 1&4? or the other wire combo is b/y o/w,do these go to the coil that controls plugs 2&3? thanks everyone

Originally posted by 93KATANA600
    does any one know the correct wire hookups on the coils that are on a 93 katana? the colors for one coil is o/w w, do these go to coil that controls plugs 1&4? or the other wire combo is b/y o/w,do these go to the coil that controls plugs 2&3? thanks everyone
    You got it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
      You got it right.
      thanks billy will try that out tomorrow to make sure ive got it right

Comment

Originally posted by 93KATANA600
        thanks billy will try that out tomorrow to make sure ive got it right
        I haven't found it makes much difference which terminals each wire gets hooked up on their respective coils, but if you look at the end of the coils where your leads hook up to you will see a + and a - molded into the coils. The orange/white wires belong on the + terminal.

Comment

puzzled

the bike was apart before and put back together before i bouoght it, and i think maybe the coil plug for the power supply may be wrong.i know that the motor has a signal that it picks up and sends to the proper coil to fire it the right way or else the firing order is of no use...i just wish that i knew which color wire hook to on the proper coil, i found that the firing order was wrong, the wires were exactly opposite of what it was supposed to be, he hooked up the wires as if number one was on the right side not left, but just having probs with it running smoothly.. rebuilt carbs,but i dont have a synchronizer to set the carbs, but i did it the ol fashion way, adjust 1&2, 3&4 then 2&3 while it was off the bike after i rebuilt them... it ran ok but i was adjusting the carbs to see if i could get to run better, but now carbs are all screwy, then i checked firing order and realized the guy had em backwards, so i hooked up right and now it runs but need to tune in carbs i think, and need to be certain which coil hookups actually go where thanks chris

Comment

The coil with the longer plug leads is of course 1&4. It really doesn't matter which side of the frame they are mounted on and it doesn't matter which plug lead goes to which plug for that coil as long as you hook the wires from the ignitor up to the proper coil. You already had the colors right in your first post. The signal generators located on the end of the crank go to the ignitor which makes the timing adjustments and sends that signal on to the coils. The ignitor plugs are two different sizes so that shouldn't be an issue.

As for adjusting the carbs, you can bench synch and get it close enough to where it should run decent. Usually number 3 has no adjuster. Set the throttle stop so a piece of small gauge wire slides snugly at the very bottom of the throttle plate on number 3. Then use the individual adjusters on the other 3 carbs so they are set the same.

Comment

Working...
            X