points to electronic ign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

points to electronic ign?

Were would I find an electronic ignition to fit a 79 gs 750 and how hard is it to change over???

http://www.dynaonline.com/english/sportbike_dynas.htm

Comes with instructions. Easy job.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

and well worth it
      Chris

Comment

Its a great improvement over the stock points on the 79 750 (I had one too). :-) Its an easy job and the Dyna instructions are excellent. Whenever someone has had a problem installing a Dyna ignition, 99 times out of 100, its because they did not read the instructions. LOL

Earl
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I've got a Boyer Bransden electronic ignition on my '78 GS750. It was installed before the bike rolled out of the shop after I bought it. That was 16 years ago. NEVER had a problem with it! 8-)
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Just put the Dyna S and coils in last month. It takes me twice as long to do things as everybody else and it took me about 3 hours including running and splicing the wire and the 5 minutes I spent trying to get my thumb unstuck from somewhere underneath the motor. Gawd that hurt!

Comment

Working...
            X