Seat to high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat to high

I just bought a 1982 GS1100GK touring model with 22000 miles on it. The bike is in farily good shape for the age. The only problem I have is the seat is to high for me. I have a 29" inseam and can only use my tiptoes to move bike. As it weighs over 600 lbs., you can see the problem. Does anyone still make a lower seat for theis age bike or are there any "lowering blocks" for the rear shocks. Would it help to lower the forks in the clamps or would that screw uo the handleing? Thanks in advance for your help. Arnie

You can get lowering blocks or move either the upper or lower mounting points on the shocks to lower the rear. You can only drop the front so much without seriously affectiing the handling. It would be best to lower both ends of the bike close to an equal amount.

Comment

You can also remove the front half of the seatcover and with an electric carving knife, cut away 1" of foam to lower the seat height. Then restaple the cover.

Earl
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Seat to high

Thanks, would you have a source for lowering blocks? Arne

Comment

Check the appearance mods section. Someone has a thread on it.

Comment

Working...
          X