Trouble finding new oil filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble finding new oil filter?

I'm having a hard time finding an oil filter for my '84 GS750EF, anyone else having a hard time this year? I've tried walmart, Napa, PepBoys... Advance autoparts... a few places. I've been trying to find a Non Fram filter but at this point I'll take what I can get....

Anyone know if Napa has a new PN? They couldn't find the one bwinger (?) noted in another thread. 24931 or 24913 I think it was...

Anyone know another Fram number that has the same filter element? I'd risk reusing the o-ring from my last change if I had to...

/\/\ac

EDIT: Answered part of my own question. I found a cross reference here:

And it looks like Fram PH6001 uses the same filter as PH6000, they are listed at the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-28-2006, 03:45 PM.

I order mine from cyclerecycle online. They dont stock Fram. They arrive priority mail in 3 days usually.

Earl
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

I bought the Hiflofiltro Oil Filters at Chaparral Racing. The filters are high quality and come with O rings. The no. 314-0133 in the link would match your bike.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I found one at another NAPA store that I didn't know was there... oddly you can't see it from the street at all! Anyway I've got a Napa GOld 4931 filter in there now with a new o-ring and crush washer. I filled it up with (the only oil you think is acceptable to put in a GS) so don't worry about that!

/\/\ac

Comment

If you have Advanced Auto Parts in your area they carry them and if they are out of stock they will order them for you. I have about 12 of them on the shelf complete with the o-ring.

Comment

Hidden NAPA's

I think hiding NAPA's is a brand thing...... they (supposedly) moved the one in my hometown to a location unknown

Comment

When I change the oil I usually restock my parts shelf with another

Comment

Found mine at Carquest. I like their oil filters alot.

Mac

Comment

Advance carries these in Colorado, may just have to ask them to order for you.
                  "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                  GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                  1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                  1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                  1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Autozone usually carries them as well.

Comment

Murrays Auto Parts always has them near me.

Comment

Originally posted by Macmatic
                        I'm having a hard time finding an oil filter for my '84 GS750EF, anyone else having a hard time this year? I've tried walmart, Napa, PepBoys... Advance autoparts... a few places. I've been trying to find a Non Fram filter but at this point I'll take what I can get....

Anyone know if Napa has a new PN? They couldn't find the one bwinger (?) noted in another thread. 24931 or 24913 I think it was...

Anyone know another Fram number that has the same filter element? I'd risk reusing the o-ring from my last change if I had to...

/\/\ac

EDIT: Answered part of my own question. I found a cross reference here:

And it looks like Fram PH6001 uses the same filter as PH6000, they are listed at the bottom of the page.
                        Click here: http://gszone.biz/oil.html
                        and scroll down.

Jay
                        Speed Merchant
                        http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Working...
                        X