650L gauges on a 1100L??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

650L gauges on a 1100L??

I recently purchased a 1983 1100GL that someone had robbed the gauges from. My question is will a set of gauges from a 650L of the same year work? I am presently using a set off of a '80 or '81 750L and they are a bit different having less wiring connections.

Well your tach won't be the same rpms, but that's minor. I can't speak for the electrical connections, but i don't see why you couldn't play around with your current 750 gauges and get them to work properly. I doubt that anything will be directly the same as the 1100's, but i don't have experience with them, so maybe else could chime in.

Ask the seller of the 650 gauges for a picture of the wiring connections and go from there.
    1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

The earlier speedo only goes up to 85 where the '83 650 unit goes up to 140.

Comment

I think they'll fit, but I'm not sure what the significance of the different part numbers is -- could be the freakin' bulb coloring...

(part numbers looked up at http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm)

Comment

Thanks for the info!!!

Comment

Working...
          X