Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help diagnos my gs 1000 shaftie 1980

brief history bike sat for 6 years outside, 15 k miles tach, doesnt work
    cleaned out carbs, new plugs, new caps for wires, new battery, bike ran for 1 week (not well), #3 wasnt fireing (pipe wasnt hot), had back fireing,.
    Now Ive been trying to set or change timing by turning hex screw on right side of engine, seemed to help bike started, but when i set it according to book woulnt statrt, turned and tried to start untill it seemed right. now the left side doesnt seem to be firing #1,#2.. help I also checked and seeled intake and i plugged the exaust inbetween 1&2 and 3&4 wont start

You may want to recheck the carbs... It sounds like you weren't getting fuel to cylinder to begin with.
    2010 Honda VFR1200F
    1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
    Being Revisited
    1981 Honda CM400T
    http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Originally posted by TexasGS
      brief history bike sat for 6 years outside, 15 k miles tach, doesnt work
      cleaned out carbs, new plugs, new caps for wires, new battery, bike ran for 1 week (not well), #3 wasnt fireing (pipe wasnt hot), had back fireing,.
      Now Ive been trying to set or change timing by turning hex screw on right side of engine, seemed to help bike started, but when i set it according to book woulnt statrt, turned and tried to start untill it seemed right. now the left side doesnt seem to be firing #1,#2.. help I also checked and seeled intake and i plugged the exaust inbetween 1&2 and 3&4 wont start
      seeling and pluugins isa gud idea. bikeis ready for anhtro 6years on the finceline. Timing is ok afternoons pips will be hot. Tack is important to gud runn bike. otherise how fast you go no? Keep trolling for ansar one coming 2 u sune.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2006, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Jim... you drinking?
        2010 Honda VFR1200F
        1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
        Being Revisited
        1981 Honda CM400T
        http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Originally posted by cloudbreakmd
          Jim... you drinking?
          Nope, looking at all the questions we're getting from trolls. All seem about the same.

Comment

Working...
          X