Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod bearings

Anybody run into this?

1982 GS650L,rod bearing go bad. Ordered new rod and main bearings. Main brngs were ok, rod bearings had no oil hole in them. Comntacted dealer that I bought them from, who inturn contacted Suzuki. It seems that every rod bearing that Suzuki has in the Parts Depot has no oil hole.

Waiting to hear from dealer who is contacting Suzuki Techsupport in the morning. So far, response has been excellent from the dealer.

I can't belleive that I'm the only one that has tun into this.

To my knowledge, Suzuki engines use roller bearings and use a low pressure system. Car engines use sleeve bearings that require oil holes in the journals and a higher pump pressure to force oil between them and the bearing shells.

Comment

Originally posted by ruddy
      To my knowledge, Suzuki engines use roller bearings and use a low pressure system. Car engines use sleeve bearings that require oil holes in the journals and a higher pump pressure to force oil between them and the bearing shells.
      The '83 and up 700/750 models use plain bearings. Bike Bandit shows plain bearings on the 650 as well. The 700/750 models had high volume oil pumps as well as nozzles to spray the underside of the pistons like the air cooled GSXR models.

Comment

engine rebuild ARRRRGGGGHHH

Im having the same problem with my 750 16 valve engine. Its out of an 1982 gs 750 and my new big end bearings have no oil hole. Ive checked the superceded number and it checks out with the bearings i have, but as someone on here said, the oil hole in the conrod is required to cool the piston so what do we do??? drill holes????? i have a used big end bearing out the engine which is a .5 oversize bearing and it looks like someone has drilled a hole in it themselves and not a factory moulded hole.... any help please????

Im also having problems with my crank main bearings.. what a bloody headache.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-25-2006, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X