Turn Signal Relay question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal Relay question!

Where online can I find a store that has a Turn Signal Relay? I search all the best known sites; ie., Bikebandit, CRC2, Old Bike Barn, etc. but couldn't come up with one hit.
    The signal lights stopped working and when I turn the switch to either side the relay started clicking fast. I pulled the relay out and banged it then replace it but now the clicks are even with the switch in the middle. I decided to replace it but can't find the darned thing anywhere.
    I have a GS1100GZ, 82.
    What do I do now?

Originally posted by JRiveraS
    Where online can I find a store that has a Turn Signal Relay? I search all the best known sites; ie., Bikebandit, CRC2, Old Bike Barn, etc. but couldn't come up with one hit.
    The signal lights stopped working and when I turn the switch to either side the relay started clicking fast. I pulled the relay out and banged it then replace it but now the clicks are even with the switch in the middle. I decided to replace it but can't find the darned thing anywhere.
    I have a GS1100GZ, 82.
    What do I do now?
    I have one from an auto parts store and it works fine

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy
      I have one from an auto parts store and it works fine
      Yup, the little round aluminum ones work just fine with most turn signals other than LED type. Usually only run about $3.

Comment

Originally posted by JRiveraS
        I have a GS1100GZ, 82.
        What do I do now?

yea just make sure if you get one from an autoparts store that you grab the 12volt turn signal relay and itll work just fine its insane to pay the 15-30 dollars bike shops want when a 2-3 dollar automotive relay works just fine

Comment

If you have LED lights get the electronic flasher

Comment

Well, I bought both, the aluminum one and an electronic one. Neither worked.
            I just hope is not the automatic shutdown system.
            Nothing happens yet I plug the old one and it starts clicking like crazy everytime I activate de turn signal.

Comment

Working...
            X