hehehee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hehehee

Couple days ago, thought I would give another go round with the hard starting of my GS650GLZ. I have had some suspicion of late that my ignition may be causing some of the problem. The suspicion is mainly due to me grabbing a hold of the #3 plug boot in one hand while holding the clutch in with the other, and becoming the path of least resistance...I guess the coils are still good!!!! Anyway, I thought I would disassemble, and give the boots a coke-cola bath. let them soak a couple of days, cleaned up nice. I put them back on the bike, still hard to start...hmmmmm. Grabbed a screwdriver, grounded it to the boots, and got spark to jump from the tip to the engine. I got almost an 1/4 of an inch on Cyl #2! I also managed to kill the engine this way... Needless to say, I have 4 more on order. Spendy little buggers too. 40 bucks for all four. So...Moral of the story, check the ignition system out before assuming there is a carb problem ( I know its been posted before...).

You got robbed.
    http://www.z1enterprises.com/SearchR...ds=plug%20caps

Comment

Ya, I know...But I'm getting Genuine Suzuki, instead of the NKG. Wasn't sure they would work, and I'm too far from my dealer to pop in any old time and check the NKG's out. Thanks for the link though. I bookmarked it for future reference

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H
        Ya, I know...But I'm getting Genuine Suzuki, instead of the NKG. Wasn't sure they would work, and I'm too far from my dealer to pop in any old time and check the NKG's out. Thanks for the link though. I bookmarked it for future reference
        The Suzuki stuff probably is NGK, possibly ND.

Comment

Working...
        X