Dyna "S" wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna "S" wiring?

been fixing the wiring on this '77 GS750 i just got, and came across 3 thin wires going to the points cover.....took the cover off and i found a BRAND new looking Dyna "S"!!!

Only question i got, is where do the 3 wires from the Dyna hook in? Please keep in mind, i'm trying to wire this thing without a manual so any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

TIA

I have one on my bike, but I don't remember what went where.

The thing is, with a new baby and snow on the ground, I don't know when I can get it out of the shed to look at it...

I will let you know when I can.

Comment

Re: Dyna "S" wiring?

The three wires on the Dyna S are black, white and red. Connect the black and white wires to the connectors where the original points connected, matching the colors.
      The white wire comes from the left module and fires cylinders 1 and 4. The black wire comes from the right module and fires cylinders 2 and 3. The plugs/connectors these wires go to are located in the wiring bundle under the left side cover usually alongside the frame and next to the aircleaner.
      Remove the gas tank. On the two ignition coils you will see a orange and white wire on each coil that goes to a common junction in the wiring harness. These wires carry switched 12 volts to the coils. Attach the red wire from the Dyna S to the orange/white wire that feeds 12 volts to the coil.

Earl

Originally posted by BikeWorx
      been fixing the wiring on this '77 GS750 i just got, and came across 3 thin wires going to the points cover.....took the cover off and i found a BRAND new looking Dyna "S"!!!

Only question i got, is where do the 3 wires from the Dyna hook in? Please keep in mind, i'm trying to wire this thing without a manual so any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

TIA
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I would suggest that you get a manual. They aren't expensive and it would be money well spent.

Comment

thanx for the info guys

it is greatly appreciated! I will be trying to finish up the wiring today sometime and then trying to get this thing fired up

BTW, did get a manual for it too....tattered and torn, but readable and at a great price: FREE!!

Comment

Working...
          X