Rectifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rectifier

Is a 1979 850g rectifier the same as a 1980 850g rectifier? They have different part numbers (79 is 32800-45190) and (80 is 32800-45210). I was wondering if Suzuki improved the rectifer for the 1980 year. I have a 1980 gs850g and there's one on ebay for a 1979 850 I would like to bid on. Thanks Ted

What year did Suzuki switch to the R/R?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I did a search for honda retrofit regulators and came up with a lot of results. Will all early honda model regulators work with a gs850? If not, what specific honda model regulator should I be looking at. Thanks Ted

Comment

Shindengen SH-232. Hook up the green to ground (frame, 12v-), red to red (12v+), yellows to the stator wires, and the brown or black to a 12v+ supply (like the supply to the rear brake light switch).

There are many threads here on the GSR for Honda models that had this r/r, and how to install one.

Comment

prices for the sdg rr's have gone through the roof. one guy wants 10 bucks just for shipping. i used to get them for less than 7 dollars and pay about 5 for shipping.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Yep, the GSR rectifier black market has been sending the prices skyrocketing! Wait 'til they start listing our bikes in the Honda/Shindengen R/R ads...

Comment

Black market R/R's, prices skyrocketing through the roof, what ARE those prices you guy's are talking about? The dealers and aftermarket guy's must be laughing at us old bike guy's, eh?

Comment

I just bought one on e-bay, as my Honda unit (used for three years) was overcharging at 15 volts.

The used replacement arrived, was modified and installed.......turned out 17.15 volts at 3000RPM! The seller took that news well, said he would stand behind his word that it would work, and is sending me another, but I decided to look again at new prices.

Ricks.....US$90.
                Brand new.
                Comes with a one-year guarantee.
                Shipping to Canada is free.
                Sold.

The used replacement has been shipped, so when it arrives I wll return it to the seller, with sincere thanks.
                Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Is this $90 for just a regulator or the regulator/ rectifier all in one unit model.

Comment

Ron .. can I get a link to Ricks.....new here and I am also in need of a rectifier for an '83 850.

anyone know where I can find a sissbar (really tall , so I can strap a back pack to it) with luggage rack for my '83 GS 850G.

Thanks.

Art Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X