GS1000 1233 big bore kit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 1233 big bore kit??

I have a 1085 kit on my tuned engine but have a chance of getting another that is said to have a 1233cc kit fitted, the guy said he has bills for all the work that's been done. Anyone heard of, used or had any experience with this size kit?? any help appreciated as I need to close the deal asap if I'm going to stand a chance of getting it.

Cheers,
    Mark...

Hello Mark, I've seen references made to a 1233cc 2 valve engine befor, but I don't know any more than that. I do think that Wiseco doesn't make one today, if they ever did. Ray
    "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
    GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
    1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
    1979 GS1000SN The new hope
    1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Thanks Ray, any idea who did make them?

Comment

More info anyone??

Comment

Wiseco only do a 1085cc and a 1100cc kit. I think the 1233cc kit uses a bored out block with different liners?? It's important that the crank has been indexed and welded too as the extra power is more than enough to twist the crank.

Comment

The Wiseco 1238cc (78mm) pistons are no longer available. They were only available in a 13:1 compression ratio. Way too high for a street motor. Ask the seller what the CR is and what brand pistons he has. The largest street pistons I ever saw advertised were 1175cc kits that were 11:1 and they were offered by MTC/VHR/and probably Wiseco....A 1238cc piston kit fitted to a re-sleeved stock block leaves the block pretty thin and in my opinion is not suitable for a street motor. An 1175cc kit fitted into a re-sleeved stock block would be better. I have run this set-up on the street and it was a monster. Get more info from the seller........BadBillyB

Comment

Cheers fella's :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Guy
                Wiseco only do a 1085cc and a 1100cc kit. I think the 1233cc kit uses a bored out block with different liners?? It's important that the crank has been indexed and welded too as the extra power is more than enough to twist the crank.
                That is correct. You cannot bore out a GS1000 block to take a 1233 kit. Not unless you resleeved it. It is cheaper to get an after market block.

Comment

Well, I am about to find out first hand as the complete engine should be here in about a week :-)

Comment

There is no aftermarket blocks for the 1000. ( we did make about 20 of them. some may be floating around used). The 1230 kit was 78mm bore, and was quite popular until the 1100 motor came out.

Jay
                    Speed Merchant
                    http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Then I stand corrected. Thanks for the info guys.
                      Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Working...
                      X