removing magnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing magnet

i'm trying to remove the magnet off my gs750es, after i removed the stator cover/stator. i removed the centre bolt and my shop manual shows
    a special puller/slide hammer that you are supposed to use, but guess what? i don't have that ##@@!!! puller. you can't hammer on this thing, either!!!!!!!
    any ideas out there????

Re: removing magnet

Originally posted by jonathan smith
    i'm trying to remove the magnet off my gs750es, after i removed the stator cover/stator. i removed the centre bolt and my shop manual shows
    a special puller/slide hammer that you are supposed to use, but guess what? i don't have that ##@@!!! puller. you can't hammer on this thing, either!!!!!!!
    any ideas out there????
    Why are you removing the rotor(magnet)? It has been my experience that you will need the special tool and even with the tool it can be a bear to remove. Others may have other suggestions. Good luck.

Comment

before i put the bike away for the winter(comes too early here) i had a slight ticking noise that i could feel thru the entire bike. would go away when clutch lever was pulled in while rolling down the street. i was told at a local bike shop that the starter clutch assembly can sometimes cause this(cracks form )
      hence the removal of the assembly......................

Comment

before i put the bike away for the winter(comes too early here) i had a slight ticking noise that i could feel thru the entire bike. would go away when clutch lever was pulled in while rolling down the street. i was told at a local bike shop that the starter clutch assembly can sometimes cause this(cracks form )
        hence the removal of the assembly......................
        The ticking, going away when you pull in the clutch would indicate a problem with the clutch or counter shaft.
        If there was a problem with the starter clutch, pulling in the clutch would have no afect on the noise or vibration.

Comment

I agree with focus. Per your description I would not think the ticking noise would be related to the starter clutch assembly. Is the noise only when actually moving? Have you tried killing the engine and coasting? I personally would pull the cover from the countershaft sprocket and check the CS nut for tightness, chain for proper adujustment and wear on sprockets and chain. Let us know what you find out.

Comment

Pull your cluch cover sounds like you have a pressure plate bolt backing out your problem is in your clutch or the noise would not go away when the clutch lever was pulled in when rolling down the road as the stator and counter shaft keeps spinning even when the clutch is pulled

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

I don’t believe that it’s related to your magnet either. However if you still want to remove it, I recommend that you find a long bolt that fits the hole where the centre bolt came out of. Find a large socket that you slip over the bolt, this will be your hamer, screw in the bolt, slide the socket forcefully to strike the top of the bolt and voila it should come off.
              In the past I have used an engine mount bolt that fit nicely in that centre bolt hole, but this may not be the case for your bike.

Roman

Comment

thanks for all the replies...............
                i agree with everyone out there....the more i think about it.....i never tried killing the engine and coasting. but the noise immediatly went away when i pulled in the clutch lever. revving the engine had no effect. if it was a chain or sprocket issue(they all look fine) then the noise should still be there coasting, considering that they are still rotating.......
                i installed a new clutch last spring and torqued all bolts and nuts but thats where i'm going to look................
                thanks again for all the replies. it certainly helps with different points of views.
                merry xmas to everyone out there and a happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

checked my clutch today. discovered that the centre nut was loose!! when i bent back the lock washer and the nut practically came off in my hand!
                  tightened and torqued it........... that was probably my noise all along......
                  stupid, huh?

Comment

checked my clutch today. discovered that the centre nut was loose!! when i bent back the lock washer and the nut practically came off in my hand!
                    tightened and torqued it........... that was probably my noise all along......
                    stupid, huh?
                    You are the first person on this website that ever made a mistake. Shame on you

Comment

Oh no he's not! I"M the first person who ever made a mistake! NNYYAAA!
                      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
                        Oh no he's not! I"M the first person who ever made a mistake! NNYYAAA!
                        OK Keith you can be first but the truth is that it was Frank P.

Comment

Dang! Just another prestigious title I've been stripped of!
                          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                          X