Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what model carbs do I have?!

I have a GS450TX 1982.

I can't find any carb rebuild kits for this bike anywhere...What model # carbs are on this bike.

The closest rebuild kit is the gs550, but I bet it has different carbs.

Thanks in advance,Ryan

you can re use all the parts as long as the gaskets and floats are good

Comment

yes your right!... but I still don't know what model carbs I have.

Comment

look on your carbs for the make, i am guessing they are the originals. They should be Mikuni (i think thats how its spelled) if they are then go to a parts web site or to your dealership and order your rebuild kit, but they are not cheap. If you dont have a book on your bike call up a suzuki dealership and ask them to look up your bike. It is probably a mikuni 32mm but dont quote me. But more often than not you dont need that info when ordering a rebuild kit, ( just the year and model of your bike)

Comment

Ok just an FYI here.

A rebuild kit doesn't exist according to junkyards,phonebook, internet, suzuki dealers, and me.

Thx for info, I will scour the carbs for #'s again and again. I still don't see any numbers, though it does say Mikuni. I am about to pull my hair out looking for carb parts...

Thanks,
          Ryan

Comment

Below you will find a link to the exploded parts view of your carburators with all the oficial parts numbers, write down the numbers to the parts you need and take those to your dealer.
            no "kit" was listed, just numbers for the individual parts.

Comment

oops for some reason, it comes up alot smaller than it should.
              you can go here http://www.bikebandit.com/PartsBandit/ and follow the instructions for finding oem parts, these will be suzuki part numbers that you can take to your dealer, but you can get a better deal ordering them from bike bandit.

Comment

wow thank you so much! My search is comming to a close finally!

THANK YOU.

Comment

Working...
                X