New GS owener and new to this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GS owener and new to this site

Hi, I just bought a 83 GS750ES and signed up for this site. It has a couple of problems though. The speedo isn't accurate. The tac doesn't work. The fuel and oil temp gages are frozen. And the easiest way to get the bike into neutral is from 2nd. If there is anyone that can help me out with a way to fix these problems that would be great.

hey fella - welcome to GSR.... if you cant get an answer searching a lot of smart cookies here can help - erm I'm noot one of em lol

glad ur home in one piece...

will be listening to the neutral select problem too - my old 1000 is an absolute B!tch to find neutral - I pass through 1st to 2nd and back several times before it selects 8-[

Comment

Neutral selection problems are often resolved by correct drive chain tensioning.
      Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
        Neutral selection problems are often resolved by correct drive chain tensioning.
        Dink
        thx m8 - will check the manual for that... I had assumed it was worn or sloppy box issues - and with a bike this old I expected some quirks...:?

cheers

Phark

Comment

Hey HS...Welcome to the GSR. It may be easier to get a cluster off Ebay than to fix the one you got...that said, I would still tear into it and clean/lube eveything that moves. Clean and lube the speedo/tach cables. Check the wiring for fuel/oil gages....oh and don't discuss torque wrenches with Dad

Comment

First thing to look for would be power into the gauges. Clean all connections on the bike; just for fun of cause:-D
            Dink

Comment

Originally posted by beby99
              Hey HS...Welcome to the GSR. It may be easier to get a cluster off Ebay than to fix the one you got...that said, I would still tear into it and clean/lube eveything that moves. Clean and lube the speedo/tach cables. Check the wiring for fuel/oil gages....oh and don't discuss torque wrenches with Dad
              I bought a clicker, I'm with it. :-D

Glad to see my pestering got him to join. Welcome to site Matt.

Comment

Welcome aboard buddy. I see that your Steve's son. I just want you to know we wont hold that against you

I myself have trouble finding neutral unless I get it while I am still moving.

Comment

It is much easier to get into neutral after you hit the kill switch.
                  Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by Hungryman's son
                    The speedo isn't accurate.
                    This is normal.

Comment

Working...
                    X