No announcement yet.

Carb Terminology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because this thread is about correct part terminology, the clip is actually called the "E"-clip. It even looks like a curved E.
    CV equipped bikes in the US don't have adjustable jet needles and so, no e-clips. Canadian CV equipped models do have adjustable jet needles. So do European models (I think?).
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks Keith!

Comment

Actually they do have E-clips on the needles. There is generally a spacer under the clip, then a washer and spring above it.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
          Actually they do have E-clips on the needles. There is generally a spacer under the clip, then a washer and spring above it.
          Right you are. I was trying to mention correct terminology and you one upped me.
          I was strictly thinking of adjustable jet needles. Since his needles aren't adjustable I somehow turned that into "no E-clip". Can't explain that...some kind of tunnel vision reasoning thingy? Or "a senior moment" as you called it awhile back.
          You obviously have to have an E-clip to hold the needles position, even if the needle is fixed.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
          X