Reccomendations on clutch kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reccomendations on clutch kits?

i have a 1979 gs750, my clutch is practically shot now, it seems to slip alot lately. i think its the original, 50,000 miles later. the cable is adjusted fine. its just worn. i was wondering if anybody reccomends any brands for friction plates and springs?

EBC, Bartlett, Ape all make good clutch kits.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Bartlett, ??????? === Barnett & no I would not use Barnett they have a habit of draging unless you are racing I would go for the EBC or OEM
      order some new stock springs & new bolts

Comment

I'm a chef, guess I was thinking of Bartlett Pear, my bad. Thanks for setting me straight Lynn.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I run barnett plates with ebc HD springs..

I love it... dropped the clutch at 7k rpms last night and all i saw was sky...
          1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

I've heard of folks not having much joy with the Barnett plates. For myself, I got a cheap (but new) set of Barnett friction plates last year off eBay, popped them in and they've been fine. They did drag a touch when the oil was cold, but switching to a semi-synthetic oil (from the 100% mineral oil I had been using) fixed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbash 27
              i have a 1979 gs750, my clutch is practically shot now, it seems to slip alot lately. i think its the original, 50,000 miles later. the cable is adjusted fine. its just worn. i was wondering if anybody reccomends any brands for friction plates and springs?

I'm running Barnett friction plates, and a fresh set of stock Suzuki springs. Could'nt be happier with the performance, (and EASY clutch pull).

Comment

Working...
              X