Looking for a little more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a little more power

I have a 1985 GS550L with the dual carb setup on it. I had seen a kit that is 2 K&N air filters that bolt directly onto the carbs. If anyone can help me, Ive looked everywhere and cant find the filters again. Thank you for any info I can recieve.

its only a 550-- drop yout countershaft sprocked by 1 tppth--it is easly reversable and cheap--

Comment

Thank you for the help, but I have a question to that, wont that take away from my top end speed?

Comment

Originally posted by roxymuddin
        Thank you for the help, but I have a question to that, wont that take away from my top end speed?
        not always. when a motor is not powerfull enough to pull max rpm in 5th you probably will get the same top end.

Comment

A word of caution on pod filters: They will hurt your low end power. Something that there isnt alot of to go around with a 550. Pods also require rejetting, which, unless you have a shop with a dyno around can turn into a real saga (just ask my roommate). Further, the more open jetting will hurt your fuel economy. If its acceleration you want, change the gearing by a tooth or two like scotty said. It *may* not take anything away from your top end, and if you dont like it, you can be back to stock in 2 hours.

Comment

Thank you all for the info, I'll look for some gears tommorow. I appreciate all the responces

Comment

Working...
            X