Rubber parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber parts

I have the chance to purchase a 1978 GS750 with 14000 miles. The bike has been stored with gas and all other fluid in it. I'm worried about the rubber seals, boots and o-rings, especially in the carbs and front seals. After reviewing a few sites, I not sure these parts are still availible. Are these parts out there and if so, can you tell me where to get them.
    Thanks, pfrules

I got mine ('80 GS1100E) from BikeBandit.com. I'm sure they are available somewhere.

Comment

You'll have no problem getting fork seals, intake manifold boots, gaskets, o-rings and such. Almost all of the disposable parts are available in some form or another (tires, brake pads, all the items I mentioned above).
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I've looked at BikeBandit and Ican't tell if all the carbs parts are there. Do you know of any dther good sites for '78 parts. Thanks

Comment

Just get the o-rings above and the float bowl gaskets for the carbs here -- rebuild kits are crap and should only be used as a last resort.
          CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …

IOW, clean and re-use all the stock jets, floats, and such if at all possible. You can still order OEM floats if needed, and there's a guy on eBay in New Zealand that sells decent aftermarket needles and seats for not much money.

The intake boots and o-rings can be ordered via any number of web sites or any Suzuki dealer. More info re: intake boots and o-rings:

Part numbers apply only to 80-83GS850; yours look the same but are different sizes.
          Also:
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
          X