Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need diameter of wheel hub (shaft drive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need diameter of wheel hub (shaft drive)

Hi all,

I need a measurement of the inner hub of a rear wheel for a GS shafty - the outside diameter of the bearing housing on the driven gear side. Anyone have one lying around that they could measure for me?? Thx!

bearing housing

have wheel & rear gear assembly but not just sure what measurement you are looking for but the bearinghousing oustside diameter in the wheel is 2.25in
    where it goes inside the drive assembly also where the wheel goes inside the gear assembly is 8in ..
    Let me know if you need more

Comment

If I understand you correctly, the measurement you're looking for is 58mm.

The bearing's OD is 47mm, and the outside diameter of the protrusion where it sits is 58mm (which actually converts to 2.28 in), measured with a set of digital calipers. Is this what you needed?
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

The 2.28 measurement was the one I was after...thanks for the responses!

Comment

I'm dying to know -- why did you need this measurement?

Just curious.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

tinkering.... trying (perhaps in vain) to do a swap to a wider wheel. I'm currently looking at a wheel off a vmax and seeing if it can be modified to fit - to that end, I actually also need a measurement of the diameter of the six pins on the splined drive attachment - can you help me out?

If successful, I'll let everyone know... don't hold your breath, though - small child and hectic work means I don't get much time to work on it..:-D

Comment

Working...
            X