Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghwrenchit
    Billy,

Are these screw-in terminals sealed up on the coils? I have a 1980 750E that may need new wires. I've been putting this off thinking it was going to be coil replacement time.

ghwrenchit
    They just have something similar to hot glue and the little keepers holding them in. You'll probably ruin the keepers getting the wires out. There will be some of the wire insulation and glue left behind to clean up. I just used electrical tape to hold the wires in place since the keepers got wiped out when I did it to my old coils.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-14-2006, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PanheadJosh74
      Billy & Crew,

Thank you all for taking a little time out of you day to help me. I am finally starting to enjoy this bike. After so many set backs, New reg/rect, new battery, new stator, new starter clutch kit, new gear bearings, shocks gee the list seems like it never ends. I told myself when I got this bike I would not dump a bunch of money in it. However it is such a joy to ride. Even when it was acting up yesterday I just babied it a bit and it ran ok. Im not one to go real fast anyway. I do climb through the gears failry fast but I rarley take the bike over 70mph. 65 is a good cruising speed for me. After all Im out to see mother nature not pass it on by. Thank you all again. I will let you know how it goes when and if the rain stops. I will keep them coils in mind Billy

My Respect to you all
      Panhead Josh
      No problem, that's what we're here for. I enjoy the tech section more than anything else here. I get alot of time off with my job so it keeps me entertained.

Comment

Working...
      X