How many valves do I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am new to this forum and to the GSseries. I have a 1982 GS1100GK and I need to know how many valves it has. I want to get an oil filter and that is one of the questions. How do I tell without taking it apart? Thanks, Arnie

Yours is an 8 valve head, 2 per cylinder.

Comment

hi,
      if the cam end covers (on the head) are round, it's an 8 valve, if they are rectangular, it's a 16 valve

Comment

GS 1100 GK 1982
        Overall Length: 2 490 mm (98.0 in)
        Overall Width: 930 mm (36.6 in)
        Overall Height: 1 545 mm (60.8 in)
        Seat Height: 800 mm (31.5 in)
        Wheelbase: 1 495 mm (58.9 in)
        Dry Weight: 290 kg (639 lbs)
        Engine type: Air-cooled 1 074 cc inline-4, DOHC, 8 valves. 98 hp/ 8.700 rpm, 8,69 kg-m/ 6.500 rpm. Shaft drive.

Doood...its called google. I dont want to be mean, but if you could not find that info... Maybe you should have someone else do your oil change for you. If you really did not know how to find this info elsewhere I apologize 8-[

Comment

BTW, you can go to Bike Bandit and get schematics for pretty much everything on your bike. http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/Default.asp

Comment

I want to thank almost everyone for the polite and fast response. I did use Google and that is how I found this site. I am capable of changing my own oil, thank you, Arnie

Comment

sorry man... Thought you were a troll

Comment

Working...
              X