What size headlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size headlight?

what size headlight is on an 83 gs 650 L. Im wanting to get rid of my fairing for the summer and get a headlight and turn signals for the front.

I would assume it's probably the same as the '82 650L and 850L that are sitting at my house. The headlight itself is 6 inches across, the entire housing is just about 7 1/2 inches. And, as luck would have it, I just happen to have an extra one sitting on my bench.

Do you also need the mounting ears? I have those, too. Can't help you with the turn signals, though.
    sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
      I would assume it's probably the same as the '82 650L and 850L that are sitting at my house. The headlight itself is 6 inches across, the entire housing is just about 7 1/2 inches. And, as luck would have it, I just happen to have an extra one sitting on my bench.

Do you also need the mounting ears? I have those, too. Can't help you with the turn signals, though.
      Is it the chrome bucket and headlight? I think the original headlight bucket ring has the 3 screws that hold it in place. You would know more than I do on that.Also the mounting ears i want are clamp ons so it will be easy to switch back to the fairing when the cold weather hits. I have a salvage yard by me that I can get the turn signals from so that's no problem there.is it in good condition?thanks for your reply.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-15-2006, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Yes, it is the chrome bucket. This one is in excellent condition. I only removed it so I could put on a 7" light. This one only has 2 screws that hold the front ring in place. The top is held by an internal lip, the screws are at 4 and 8 o'clock. The reflector is not cloudy at all, and both low- and high-beams work. Not sure if I have the mounting screws to hold the bucket to the ears, though, I might have used them on the 7' light that is now on the bike. I can look to see if I have some in the spare hardware bucket.
        sigpic
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
          Yes, it is the chrome bucket. This one is in excellent condition. I only removed it so I could put on a 7" light. This one only has 2 screws that hold the front ring in place. The top is held by an internal lip, the screws are at 4 and 8 o'clock. The reflector is not cloudy at all, and both low- and high-beams work. Not sure if I have the mounting screws to hold the bucket to the ears, though, I might have used them on the 7' light that is now on the bike. I can look to see if I have some in the spare hardware bucket.
          The hardware would be no problem for me to get.Pm me with a price if ya want to get rid of it.

Comment

TConroy...you've got mail.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
            X