Cams GS 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cams GS 1100

I was wondering the hot cam setup for a stock GS 1100 used primarily for drag racing , I don't want any big ass killer cams just some that will let it rev a little more and work with my open exhaust better .
    The stock cams work pretty good and I just want a little more top end power I'm runnin through the traps at around 9000 rpm and I'd like it to pull a little harder up around 10,000 just to get it to use the V/H drag pipes I have on it where they work the best \\/

.330 lift cams work well on the street, .350 lift cams are about as stout as you can go without getting into modifing the guides/head. I have run both profiles in my 16v '83 750 (same cams as the 1100). With 110 degree lobe centers she had a real nice top end.

With stock compression, the .330 lift cams and aftermarket springs should do the trick.

Good Luck, Ed.
    1983 GS750ED
    2005 GSF1200SZ
    1992 900SS

Comment

You need .345 on both cams unless you want to do some head work like shorter valve guides and the like….Do an 1166 bore with a sleeper head and cylinder you should kick some #ss. Try an 1150 head but you'll lose your tach.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366
        You need .345 on both cams unless you want to do some head work like shorter valve guides and the like….Do an 1166 bore with a sleeper head and cylinder you should kick some #ss. Try an 1150 head but you'll lose your tach.
        sounds good thanks {the tach is gone already}

Now I was shopping around and it looks like there is only one place to get cams ??? Web camshafts? that's pretty lame .
        Yeah I was eyeing up the .348" cams .
        I think I'll shop around for another cylinderhead and do some porting etc.
        and do a cylinderhead /cam swap .

I would also like to put different carbs on it but I can't find manifolds anywhere for larger carbs . I have 4 set's of carbs to work with :-D

Comment

Working...
        X