Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. 1 not firing!

hey all

have a problem with no.1 not firing on gs750e. was all fine last week then went to fire her up on monday and no dice in no.1.
    snipped the end off ht lead and re inserted into plug, drained float bowl, tested plug for resistance, pulled spark plug out and rested against block and got arcing between block and plug but not apparent spark at end of plug.
    i'm thinking it could be a dicky lead, but i'm told these aren't easily changed, is this true?

gus

Originally posted by angus chapman
    hey all

have a problem with no.1 not firing on gs750e. was all fine last week then went to fire her up on monday and no dice in no.1.
    snipped the end off ht lead and re inserted into plug, drained float bowl, tested plug for resistance, pulled spark plug out and rested against block and got arcing between block and plug but not apparent spark at end of plug.
    i'm thinking it could be a dicky lead, but i'm told these aren't easily changed, is this true?

gus
    If number 4 is firing then the problem is with either the plug cap or the wire itself.

Comment

If #1 is getting a spark between the plug and engine block but not at the plug tip, you've got a bad plug.

Comment

It is much more likely that the plug boot has failed than the lead. The boots break down over time. It's worth replacing this one and if it fixes it then replace the others as well.

Kim

Comment

Lead Swap

You can swap leads #1 with #4 since they both are triggerd by the same coil, if the problem moves to #4 cylinder then its a bad lead or cap, if the problem stays then look to replace the plug. If you want to be certain you can swap #1 &#4 plug and see what happens, if the plug is bad #4 wont work and thats a simple fix.

Good Luck Bill

Comment

Working...
          X