Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

81 gs650E Front Brake light switch info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs650E Front Brake light switch info.

I am in the process of replacing the contact holder in the switch assembly on my bike. Is there any secret to it? It's the plastic piece that holds the spring and contact metal in place, so that it can slide back and forth on the contact plate. I dont want to break it when I install it.

I did mine in February, it's a royal pain in the butt! .....nothing special about it IMO, just take your time with it. The spring wants to fly away to never-never land.

Comment

Where did you get the parts for it. All I need is the contact holder. I pulled my old parts out, sanded down the contacts to remove corrosion , and replaced it all, but the contact holder broke when I installed it.

Comment

Originally posted by tsc
        Where did you get the parts for it. All I need is the contact holder. I pulled my old parts out, sanded down the contacts to remove corrosion , and replaced it all, but the contact holder broke when I installed it.
        Both bikebandit.com and alphasports.com have them. I got mine from BikeBandit.

Comment

Use dielectric grease to hold the assembly together while you install it.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Yeah , that's what I was thinking when I was messing with it last night. I need to pick some up . Need some when I do the new plugs anyway. It would also help keep the moisture out.... thats what cause the problem in the first place.

Comment

Working...
            X