Good method for cleaning engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good method for cleaning engine?

My engine is pretty grimy. It wipes off pretty easy, but there is debri around the carb area and in the various crevaces.

Any suggestions for good cleaning solutions and methods?

S100 Engine Brightener and a low pressure hose. You’ll never use anything else again!
    Pick it up at most bike shops or any HD dealership.

Here is a review of it right here on this board:
    Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2006, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Grime

Is any of the "spray on...hose off" stuff any good?
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese
        Is any of the "spray on...hose off" stuff any good?
        I can tell you first hand that the stuff I just mentioned is. If you have rattle can spray painted anything, don't get any on it! Other wise rock and roll. The stuff is very impressive. Read the review thread.

Comment

The old tried and true Gunk in the aerosol can at the spray car wash works for me. Gunk is cheapest at Family Dollar 1.75 a pop. Discount Auto stores want $2.39.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
            I can tell you first hand that the stuff I just mentioned is. If you have rattle can spray painted anything, don't get any on it! Other wise rock and roll. The stuff is very impressive. Read the review thread.
            So you really do wash your motorcycles?
            Joe Nardy woke me up at 6:30 am to go to the carwash at the BC rally.
            He said if any of those chunks of dirt came off you're bike, they might kill a fellow rider. :razz:
            Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2006, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind
              So you really do wash your motorcycles?
              Joe Nardy woke me up at 6:30 am to go to the carwash at the BC rally.
              He said if any of those chunks of dirt came off you're bike, they might kill a fellow rider. :razz:
              It did a pretty good job on those carbs didn't it buddy

Comment

I'm with the "dood", buy every single product that S100 makes, it's truely awesome stuff. With Total Cycle Cleaner and the Engine Brightener I can clean and detail my entire bike in 20 minutes- and it looks awesome.
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

What about for removing oxidation from engine fins...i really want to avoid having to get down and dirty with a thin toothbrush in there...any crap I can spray on/wash off?

Comment

Working...
                  X