Please help me out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me out

This query spent a while in the tips section, but no one seems to go there much, and I didn't get any advice over there. So I will try here.8-[

Now I have a GS750ED in the lovely burgundy red of the '83 year. And I don't know if it is only my bike or many bikes, but the leading edge of the front fender is peeling. Does anyone know a tip for stopping this process before the entire fender is paint free? Also is the only way to fix this, pulling the fender sanding it and having it repainted? And finally, anyone know the paint code for this particular shade of red, Automotive Supply responded to my query with a bring the fender in and maybe we can match it.:shock:

Originally posted by Clone
    is the only way to fix this, pulling the fender sanding it and having it repainted?
    Thats it. Don't let anyone talk you into halfa55ing it either.
    The next 10 posts will be how you can use everything from chewing gum to nail polish. Don't be tempted.
    Have it done right and you won't have to worry about it for many many years. :-D

Comment

I was going to suggest a little super glue.

I would try to keep the paint original. On our visit to The Wheels Through Time Museum during the E/SE Rally the tour guide was pointing out the vehicles on display with original paint, just about every one. He remarked they kept them original because "it's only original paint, once".

What about having it clear-coated?

Comment

Bisquick, some water, and a little bit of red food coloring. If that doesn't work... sand it and repaint it.

Comment

If it is peeling, it's gonna continue. Spray some clear over it for a temp fix, then have the bugger resprayed. You should be able to get original paint codes from Suzuki, and have them converted to whatever your paint shop uses.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Clone
            This query spent a while in the tips section, but no one seems to go there much, and I didn't get any advice over there. So I will try here.8-[

Now I have a GS750ED in the lovely burgundy red of the '83 year. And I don't know if it is only my bike or many bikes, but the leading edge of the front fender is peeling. Does anyone know a tip for stopping this process before the entire fender is paint free? Also is the only way to fix this, pulling the fender sanding it and having it repainted? And finally, anyone know the paint code for this particular shade of red, Automotive Supply responded to my query with a bring the fender in and maybe we can match it.:shock:

Comment

It is the GREAT looking maroon or burgundy red. Thanks8-)

Comment

Do it right! and get rid of the misery once and for all. You're going to have to look at it every day, you may as well enjoy it.
                Here in Trinidad, the Max Meyer PPG agent has a computer driven color analysis system. They can look at a sample piece (fender for instance) with a Photometer Probe and then the computer gives them a formula to mix printout, and/or points them to color-match number.
                A PPG dealer at your end should be able to do the same.

Comment

it is only my bike or many bikes, but the leading edge of the front fender is peeling.
                  I don't know how to fix it, but what caused it is obvious. These bikes are just so fast that it blows the paint right off the leading edge of various bike parts.

Comment

Working...
                  X