An air FILTER box, not an airbox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An air FILTER box, not an airbox!

I've almost lost hope, but I think this board can help. Whenever I've told someone (not on the GS Forum) I'm looking for the air filter box for my 1982 GS750T, they try to sell me the air box, then tell me I'm crazy and that there *is* no separate air filter box. I don't think I'm going nuts.

Does anyone know where I can find an air filter box for a 1982 GS750T? I'm hoping to keep the stock air/fuel system together, but I'll use a K&N filter stuffed into the back of the airbox if needed.

Two pictures of my bike (missing the box) can be found at the links below. One has a towel covering the battery to highlight the airbox hole, the other shows the battery. Yes, I know. It's not a motorcycle battery. But it works great.

Thanks,

Chuck
    Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2006, 11:39 PM.

Chuck,

It might just be my computer, but when I click on either of the links, it re-directs me to the ImageShack home page and asks me to join for free.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
      Chuck,

It might just be my computer, but when I click on either of the links, it re-directs me to the ImageShack home page and asks me to join for free.

Same here.

Comment

Steve and Billy - thanks for the heads up. The links are now fixed.

Comment

I believe Scotty just clamped a K&N to the inlet on his 1100 a few years ago. PM and ask him about it. Alpha Sports has it but it is $136.39.
          http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm

Comment

$98.00 here:

http://www.flatoutmotorcycles.com/fi...1982&fveh=2138

Comment

Chuck,

This is what I have for you. Think I offered this to you in another post. Looks like your in MI.... I'm in Grand Rapids.

Flatoutmotorcycles lists the part numbers as follows:

1982 GS750T #13700-45810
              1980 GS750E #13700-49830 (replaces 13700-49810)

Not sure why they list the interchange one way but not the other.

[IMG]c:\airbox.gif[/IMG]

Greg

Comment

Pic link didn't work..... lets try again!

Comment

Originally posted by ghwrenchit
                  Pic link didn't work..... lets try again!
                  That's exactly what I'm looking for, Greg! I've left a message at your house and I'm hoping to speak with you tonight.

Thanks all for your help. I'll get that thing on the road yet.

Speaking of which, don't take your bike for it's first ride to the gas station if you don't have a plate on it yet. The police have been known to sternly shake a finger at you while reading you the riot act. Thankfully most of them just let you know you're an idiot and tell you not to do it again. I won't be. (sheepish grin)

Comment

check bikebandit.com, not sure if they have it for your make 'n model but it's worth a shot. Good Luck!

Comment

Chuck:

If you can't find one......the one I just sold went to one of our members named BGrey and he ain't gonna use it. He has a post entered this morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X