K&N Pod Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N Pod Help

Looking at a set of K&N pods http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=93701 here will they fit a 79 GS1000? Thanks for any help.

FYI,

Plan on lottttttts of carb tuning........ not trying to kill a sale, but if your up for the task that's great. Many post's here end up going back to a factory setup. D@mn..... fell like a post'in fool tonight. Is everyone else out riding???

ghwrenchit
    Last edited by Guest; 06-17-2006, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ghwrenchit
      FYI,

Plan on lottttttts of carb tuning........ not trying to kill a sale, but if your up for the task that's great. Many post's here end up going back to a factory setup. D@mn..... fell like a post'in fool tonight. Is everyone else out riding???

ghwrenchit
      I have to disagree, with conditions. If you try to do your jetting by buying individual jets and playing around with them you'll be in for lottttttts of carb tuning. If you buy the K&N or Dynojet (they are the same) kit it isn't that bad at all. I did my '83 1100E, followed the instructions, and all I had to do was raise the needles a couple notches. There is plenty of information around here to get you close on the first try.

Thanks,
      Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy
        I have to disagree, with conditions. If you try to do your jetting by buying individual jets and playing around with them you'll be in for lottttttts of carb tuning. If you buy the K&N or Dynojet (they are the same) kit it isn't that bad at all. I did my '83 1100E, followed the instructions, and all I had to do was raise the needles a couple notches. There is plenty of information around here to get you close on the first try.

Thanks,
        Joe
        Agreed, a jet kit will get you in the ballpark right off the bat. After that it's just a matter of a little tweaking.

Comment

I'm having the carbs rebuilt by wiredgeorge and he is going to jet them for pods.

Comment

Originally posted by devildog0
            I'm having the carbs rebuilt by wiredgeorge and he is going to jet them for pods.
            Ok, good deal. I was looking at the DynoJet kits and noticed they include a slide drill, glue, and plug. Aside from the jet choices and needle position, what are the other mechanical mods? Does the JetKit render the carbs forever changed?

ghwrenchit

Comment

Working...
            X