Rebuilt carb, wont start now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilt carb, wont start now

Bike ran like crap so i rebuilt the carbs. Im familiar with rebuilding carbs and went by the steps in the garage pages. All new O-rings, soaked the parts, cleaned them. All back together, got the air screws out 1.75 turns with all the hoses hooked up. Gas in the bowls but It wont start. Adjusted the butterflys on the bench so they should be real close if not on. Shot some starting fluid in the airbox and it started for a few secs. Any ideas??? Im gonna sleep on it and attack again tomorrow.

Thanks

Bike is a stock 750T with CV Carbs
    Last edited by Guest; 06-17-2006, 11:23 PM.

Did you assure the choke circuits were clear and did you make sure the choke supply was clear in the float bowls? Make sure the idle knob isn't adjusted in too much, that will bypass the choke.

Comment

Just had the same problem with pretty much the same bike. I had choke and throttle competing from cables routed incorrectly, and a terrible bench-synch. Fixed those and was good to go.

Bad battery on top of it all didn't help things.

Comment

I used compressed air to blow out all the passages after i took the parts out of the dip. I ran wire in the pickup and all other small holes to make sure they were clear, and then blew air into them.

For my bench sync, I used a very small zip tie to measure the distances my butterflys were open. Adjusted the idle first, then the others till they were all the same.

The thottle and Chock are on correctly.

Im gonna recheck everything today to see what happens.

thanks

Comment

It seems i had forgotten to back out the idle adjuster after the bench sync (was almost all the way in). Anyhow, backed it out and it started right up. Once i remembered to plug the vacuum hose, it synced without much of a problem.

Gonna change the brake fluid and air up the tires and she's back on the road.

Thanks for the replys.

Eric

Comment

Seen it happen before and will again, easy to forget in haste.

Comment

Working...
            X