hard starting gs1100 cont.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard starting gs1100 cont.

while i havent LOOKED at the timing i had sort of thought the same thing at first but jumping the selinoid without turning the ignition on makes no difference

if it was timing related it wouldnt do it with no spark right?

back when i used to run a 68 camaro at the drag races i ran into that problem

id have to spin the motor then flip the ignition on for the car to fire otherwise itd turn real slow.....

hot cold dont matter.......

im really stumped on this......

ive been playing with fast bikes and cars all my life and ive never seen anything like this......

just how much compression would it have to have for that to be the problem?????

its got 92 octane in it and i dont hear any detonation......

oh BTW if u get a roll with it and pop the clutch in 3rd itll fire right up......

thanx scott

if i understand the post correctly it sounds like a bad starter

Comment

sorry square dancer this is a continuation of an earlier post
      its not the starter

scott

Comment

hello scott,

I don't know your bike at all...mine's a 750e...and I have no idea if this could help you or not...but the cover for the stator needs to have a very particular gasket...if the cover is installed without a gasket, say with sealer alone, the starter will bind and run slow.

I know this because I did this with my bike. The gasket itself is very thin, and it surprised me very much to finally!!! find that this was the source of my slow turning starter.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X