Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handlebars GS650

Does anyone recognize this handlebar?
    I got it with the bike, does not appear to be stock and I like it a lot (looks good I think and real comfortable for me).
    Just curious as to the origin.
    Cheers, Cletus

i can't help ya much there, but those aren't stock gauges either....
    1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

To me they looks like standard clubman/cafe-racer bars...
      Like you can see at: http://www.mikesxs.com/mikesxs-chass...ategory_id=1.4

Comment

Originally posted by lapls
        To me they looks like standard clubman/cafe-racer bars...
        Like you can see at: http://www.mikesxs.com/mikesxs-chass...ategory_id=1.4
        Ahh Ha!.... yes, they are and I like 'em.\\/ Thank you for the response.

Comment

And yes, those are the original GS650GL gauges.

Clubman bars are often installed upside-down from they way they are pictured above. They're a way to get clip-on racing style bars onto bikes with standard handlebar mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by kalessin
            And yes, those are the original GS650GL gauges.

Clubman bars are often installed upside-down from they way they are pictured above. They're a way to get clip-on racing style bars onto bikes with standard handlebar mounts.
            Ah... OK! Well, I figured the guages were OEM. As for the Handlebars, that's interesting info. Actually I find them very appealing on the bike both from cosmetic and comfort/control viewpoints.

Comment

Originally posted by cberkeley
              Ah... OK! Well, I figured the guages were OEM. As for the Handlebars, that's interesting info. Actually I find them very appealing on the bike both from cosmetic and comfort/control viewpoints.
              Nice looking paint job. Mine is all stock and original paint and gel coat.Its going to get a total makeover this fall when I quit riding it,if I can quit riding it long enough to do that!

Comment

Working...
              X