gs1000 tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1000 tank

Hey Guys is it possible to braze the entire bottom of a gas tank to fix the leaks?

Coating the tank will usuall fix small leaks. If it is really bad check with radiator shop about possibility of repair or locate another tank. Strip and repair by rad shop would also require repainting tank. If you try to fix it your self be very, very carefull, it can blow up in your face.

Comment

leaky tank

If you're just dealing with pin holes, JB weld works very well. I fixed one of my tanks that way about 3 years ago and no leaks since.
      Doze.

Comment

if it isnt too bad find a buddy that can do a halfway decent weld (only after you let the tank dry for a couple days, and all the parts are removed, if he or she can weld good then they will have no prob welding and shaving down the tank but like it was said earlier it will probably need a paint job unless you like that burnt metal look.

Comment

If it just has tiny pin holes, you can just use tank sealer to seal the holes.
          any good motorcycle shop sells it, the one I used to seal a frends tank was called "cream" liquid tank liner, it is used to seal pin holes, remove rust and seal it to prevent the tank from rusting again.

Comment

Working...
          X