Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woot another carb question

Just what a motorsports forum needs huh another carb thread lol

Looking for others input on these carbs on this 650e suzuki,i had them all apart and cleaned them all 4 of them added new gaskets to the bowls cleaned all the jets and everything put the carbs back on the bike and it fired right up but if ya even give it a touch of throttle the bike dies instantly.
    all the floats are plastic none had any holes in them and all are adjusted the the proper height as far as sync all the butterflys look and measure to about the same and seem to all be insync allthough i cant be 100% sure what do u think why would it start but then die instantly if ya hit the gas?

any input is appreciated

You need to vacuum sync them. Sounds like the pilot circuit is off somewhere. Did you try adjusting the idle mixture screws? Need more info for us to make any kind of judgement call.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Idle mixture screws are the ones on the front of each carb right? if so i didnt touch them only thing ive messed with was the lil knob under the float bowls in the middle of the carbs i spun that unteill the bike would start up.

Comment

What year is it?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Its a 1982 gs650e

Comment

Yes, the idle mixture screws are located on top of the carbs at the intake. Do you have the airbox istalled? Did you check the intakes for leaks?

Comment

Yes i have the airbox on i havent checked the intakes for leaks the knob under at carbs do u just set that while the engines running? like there no preadjustment for it?

what are the setting for the idle mixture screws?

Comment

Yes, set the idle speed knob on the bottom of the carbs with the engine running after it's warmed up (a glove can help you from burning your skin).

Comment

The knob is for setting the idle. Check your intake for leaks by spraying WD40 on the intake boots and see if the idle dives.

Comment

I'm going to check for leaks tommrrow and try adjusting the air mixture screws and see what happens.

anyone know what suzuki charges for sync the carbs rougly?

Comment

Sounds like you didn't properly re-install/re-seat the rubber diaphragm/piston assembly. The diaphragms have a small tab that needs to be aligned correctly.
                      If not seated correctly, the CV carbs can't respond to vacuum and will not accept ANY throttle.
                      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Hmmm i made sure when i put the top of the carbs back on that the lil part of the rubber that sticks out was in the spot it should be in.

Comment

I can relate...

Hey folks, can I listen in? I'm having the exact same carb issues, only with an '82 gs850g. Mine starts, idles and only has a brief rev before choking. 1,2,3 running hot...4 black and carbon fouled. All seem to have acceptable spark, and it sure sounds good when I use the choke as a throttle (no load).

I drilled out my EPA plugs and replaced the idle screws (now at 2-1/4). Are these screws that important, when the idle is fine, but I can't get any midrange results?

Thanks...I'm new at this and if I'm barging in, sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by ScreamingLiL2stroke
                            Hmmm i made sure when i put the top of the carbs back on that the lil part of the rubber that sticks out was in the spot it should be in.
                            Still sounds like the diaphragm assembly wasn't installed right or something.
                            I'm assuming before the cleaning that the bike accepted throttle? If just a simple cleaning/new gaskets like you said and then this problem, a problem with vacuum sure fits and the most common problem is incorrect re-assembly...or a damaged diaphragm.
                            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                            X