inlet manifold/boot GS850GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inlet manifold/boot GS850GL

Hi guys, I need to replace the inlet manifolds/boots on my new baby. The bike has a 1981 registration and she doesn't have a kick start. The part numbers the parts guy at my local dealer gave me are; 13110 - 45100 and 13120 - 45100. However, he warned me that they can't take them back if they are the wrong ones for my bike. The bike was imported from The USA and has a British registration of 1981, it is the stepped-seat custom model.

Many thanks
    Matt

The numbers sound close, but I can not guarantee them. You will need two of each one. And...while you are in there, why not change the o-rings, too? They cause just as many problems, are rather inexpensive, and you will already have access to them.

What kind of a price were you given on the intakes? BikeBandit has them for just under US$22 and the o-rings for about US$1. Not sure if they ship to the UK, but could be useful for comparison.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks Steve, the price quoted was £66.10 which = $121 at today's conversion rate more or less.
      That's for all four. I had hoped that the o rings would come with them but I'll have to ask.

ok...I just had a look at BikeBandit and they do ship abroad. I created an account but there is currently a problem with their server...:?

new update... total from BikeBandit = $158.13 (including o rings)
      So, local bike shop wins this time!
      But thanks for putting me on to them I will check prices and compare in the future too.

I think the part numbers given to me at the shop are correct, although not the same as on BikeBandit. I used http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm to check for the part numbers and they are the same.

Many thanks Steve

Comment

Those are the correct part numbers. They do not come with o-rings, which are part number 09280-38004.

More info:
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Brian- that is fantastic. great fotos and a clear explaination. Got any more how-tos on say.... Fork seal replacement or valve adjustments? Thanks

RJ

Comment

I'm sorta working on the valve adjustment piece -- just haven't had time. I have most of the photos I need. I haven't had the need yet to replace fork seals, so I don't have any pictures for that one.

Personally, I think the explanations in the manuals are pretty clear so there's little need. The specific info on the intake o-rings and cam chain tensioner rebuild wasn't available elsewhere, so I felt a greater impulse to get those done.

Fork seal replacement is also one of those jobs that's much the same on almost every bike, so I'm sure someone somewhere has already done this. I could be mistaken, though!

If you or anyone reading this would like to contribute photos and/or text for a needed procedure, please PM or email me -- I'll be happy to turn the material into web pages and host it, giving you full credit for your contributions.
            Last edited by bwringer; 06-20-2006, 09:31 PM.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
            X