How to install Plenum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install Plenum

How in the f@$k do I install the plenum and carbs?

Adam

I did not take it apart so I dont have any idea how to assemble it.

Comment

Buy Pods. Without the airfilter box place the airbox alone against the frame in back of the carbs. Place the carbs in the intake boots angled down away from the motor. Push the carbs into the intake boots while raising them up forcing them into the airbox boots. If your boots are hard and old good luck. Make sure all the clamps are where you can get to them. There are two bolts on the top of the airbox that are attached to your frame. Attach the air filter box to the airbox through the frame and connect it with one bolt on the frame. The really fun part for me was the throttle cable. I have really big hands and couldn't get to it. I placed the throttle end in the hole with needle nose plyers through the right bottom and pulled it up and around manually. The choke cable is easy. This is why I got pods plus my bike runs great with them. And with carb work I don't want to kill someone or myself.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I just went through this particular nightmare myself on my 1981 GS650E. I have one big caution - connect the throttle cable to the carbs BEFORE you stuff them into the intake boots, not after. Also, spraying a bit of carb cleaner on the boots as you try to stuff the carbs into them may help them slide in easier. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X