Inside the mysterious Ignitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside the mysterious Ignitor

Has anyone ever cracked open one of these little gems to see whats inside? Wee beasties I imagine, running around on miniature hamster wheels (I hope the miniature hamsters don't hear about this!)

Those little suckers are kind spendy...what gives? Is there platinum plated monkey poop in there or what?

Actually, I have cracked mine open (twice). The problem with mine is te ground wire connection on the circuit board. The only items on the bord are bunch of resistors, a few diodes, and a couple of jumper wires. Pretty simple to diagnose and repair if you are familiar at all with electronics. I don't understand why the high dollar value, given the quality of components.

Torry

Comment

If anyone has a board, make a copy on a copy machine, scan it and send it to me along with a color photo so I can match the diodes, resisters and such. I need to make one.

Unless of course, someone has one cheap?

Comment

is there some sort of programmed chip on it? I know on an s10 forum someone was trying to make copies of those "performance chips" they sell on ebay, really easy to make, just need the code and a chip flasher

Comment

Originally posted by OklahomaPomade
          If anyone has a board, make a copy on a copy machine, scan it and send it to me along with a color photo so I can match the diodes, resisters and such. I need to make one.

What is the part number of the one you need, or what bike is if for? I happen to have one sitting here that fits some 850s, and some 1000s. Not sure about others.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I think it is the 32900-47020.

Comment

Originally posted by OklahomaPomade

It also has a few transistors. I'd assume that the cost probably comes from those, as they do tend to get pricey, depending on the specs.

Comment

epoxy

mine is potted in epoxy, there is no way to look at the components. how much you want for the 47020 ingniter

Comment

You would think that these ignitors are made out of unobtainium for the money thay want. Electrically, they are really simple circuits.

Comment

Working...
                  X